Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a 360° VR in your smartphone, part of Ricoh Theta: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques.
- 360-degree photography is a pretty complicated thing.…We're shooting ultimately with multiple cameras…and we're having to stitch all that stuff together…to make a single scene that's navigable.…What's amazing is that with the Theta, a Theta…and a smartphone is a complete VR production package.…You don't need anything else.…Now you do have options for doing things on the computer.…If you're going to get picky about image quality,…you're going to want to make adjustments on the computer.…But it's astonishing how much you can get done…just with your smartphone or tablet.…I'm gonna show you how to take a video out of the Theta…and process it into a finished VR,…and I'm going to do it only with my phone.…
I want to explain that this cable here…is in fact going to a computer,…but it has nothing to do with the VR processing operation…I'm about to do.…This cable is so that I can capture the video feed…from the phone, so that you can see what I'm doing.…Normally we do that wirelessly,…but we can't do that wirelessly this time,…
- Controlling the Theta with buttons or from an iPhone
- Shooting a 360° still with the Theta
- Editing 360° VR images
- Stitching time-lapse videos
- Using the Theta to create the "tiny planet" effect