Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling the Theta with the iPhone, part of Ricoh Theta: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques.
- So with the Theta set I'm ready to start shooting.…Now, I could have hidden somewhere upstairs…I've come downstairs because I'm underneath an overhang.…I can't even see the thing,…it's not going to be able to see me…so I've got a good spot to work here.…I've attached my phone's WiFi to the Theta's WiFi networks.…So the Theta is upstairs, it's running…the WiFi button is turned on.…Now I'm ready to launch the Theta app.…There are a bunch of Theta apps,…I'm running the Theta seven app, I'm sorry, the Theta S app…this is the one that you use to control the camera.…So I've got a few different options here…that we're going to look at…throughout the rest of this course.…
What I want to do is hit this…Theta shutter button down here.…It's this thing that looks like a sideways cat eyeball.…So if I do that it takes me here to the Theta interface,…and by default I see this.…It takes a second for it to get the latest view finder feed…from the WiFi sometimes.…So here is my view finder, or one of my view finders.…It's an unwrapped view of the image.…
- Controlling the Theta with buttons or from an iPhone
- Shooting a 360° still with the Theta
- Editing 360° VR images
- Stitching time-lapse videos
- Using the Theta to create the "tiny planet" effect