Join Laura Franz for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a list of links to the traditional page, part of Typography for Web Designers.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this lesson, we're going to add our links to the traditional bibliography.…You need the files biblio_serif_navlinks. html and biblio_serif_navlinks.css from…the Exercise folder.…You also need the fonts folder with the web font files for Chopin Script that…you created in lesson 3 of the last chapter, applying a system of hierarchy in HTML and CSS.…The fonts folder should still be on your desktop.…If you're just joining us or need to recreate your fonts folder and would like…a refresher on how to download and organize web fonts from fontsquirrel.com, see…Chapter 1, Lesson 7, Downloading web fonts, from earlier in this course.…
Keep a copy of the fonts folder on your Desktop. You'll need it for the rest of the course.…But for this lesson, put a copy in the Exercise folder.…That way Chopin Script font will continue to work.…Open up the HTML file in the browser and you can see what we're working with.…I've already moved the main heading into its new position, so we can focus on the links.…All I did was remove all the margins around the heading container.…
- Understanding how good typography promotes reading
- Choosing web-safe fonts
- Applying web fonts in CSS with @font-face
- Adding and applying the Google Fonts syntax
- Finding and applying a good font size, line height, and line length
- Improving a color palette by improving contrast and reducing optical vibration
- Understanding how people mentally organize, or chunk, visual elements
- Applying a system of hierarchy in HTML and CSS
- Applying vertical spacing in CSS
- Adding emphasis within a heading
- Understanding classic and modernist typographic pages
- Adding a list of links
- Creating drop caps
- Fixing quotation marks, apostrophes, and dashes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Typography with CSS in Dreamweaverwith Joseph Lowery2h 30m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Doyald Young, Logotype Designerwith Doyald Young1h 41m Appropriate for all
1. Using Fonts to Communicate the Meaning of a Word or Headline
2. Using Fonts for Text
3. Maximizing Readability
4. Visually Chunking Text
5. Shaping a Page Using Typography
6. Shaping a Traditional Typographic Page
7. Shaping a Modernist Typographic Page
8. Attending to the Typographic Details
Additional resources3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.