Discover how to be more efficient with Microsoft Teams, the popular collaboration app in Office 365.
- Welcome to tips and tricks for Microsoft Teams. I'm Nick Brazzi. This course focuses on those extra features that are not absolutely necessary to work in teams, but can really enhance or speed up your work if you spend a lot of time in Teams. We'll start with techniques for streamlining how you work. Office 365 is a collection of several apps and services that can communicate with each other. So we will see how to use Teams as a single hub application for Office 365. We will integrate external storage tools into Teams, so you can share files more easily.
And we will look at keyboard shortcuts and quick commands that you can trigger from the command box. Then we'll get into tools for improving communication with your teammates. You can target messages to specific people using @mentions and we'll see the advanced features you can use in video calls. Then we'll finish up with apps. Small pieces of software that add more functionality to Teams. We'll explore some specific, useful apps in Teams that may help you be more productive, or just help you understand how apps work in general.
Then we'll explore the different subcategories of apps including bots, messaging apps and connectors. If you are already familiar with Teams and you're looking to learn some of the more advanced features, this course is for you. Let's get started.
- Saving time with bots
- Extending the functionality of Teams with apps
- Forwarding emails to Teams
- Modifying your notifications and alerts
- Using Teams as the hub for all of your Office 365 apps
- Hiding channels and teams you don't use
- Helpful keyboard shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/22/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: keyboard shortcuts in Teams, commands for the command box, using the Who app to get info about teammates, and using bots in Teams.