To help clarify how apps work in Teams, the video explores how bots work. Bots are small pieces of software that you can talk to in a text-based chat. Bots are artificial intelligence on a small scale. They can answer specific questions that they are programmed to answer. This video shows some bots that come preinstalled with Teams, as well as some bots that you can install from the app store.
- [Instructor] Bots are small pieces of software…that you can basically talk to in a text-based conversation…and they will respond to you.…It's artificial intelligence on a small level.…In the context of Teams, bots are a type of an app.…So let's install a new app to see how this works.…We're gonna go to this button here on the left side…to see my list of apps, but I wanna go to the Store.…Click on that to go to the Store interface…and wanna go to the Bots category,…then you can scroll through all of the options here.…Lots of these bots let you interact…with specific online services.…
If you use one of these services…then the bot might be really useful for you.…One bot that I like that does not require…any special setup is called Hipmunk.…You can use this to search for travel information.…When you install a new app, you will usually need to choose…if you want to install it only for you,…that's this add for you switch,…and you can also choose to add it to a team.…If you do want to add it to a team,…you'll need to choose that team…
- Saving time with bots
- Extending the functionality of Teams with apps
- Forwarding emails to Teams
- Modifying your notifications and alerts
- Using Teams as the hub for all of your Office 365 apps
- Hiding channels and teams you don't use
- Helpful keyboard shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/22/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: keyboard shortcuts in Teams, commands for the command box, using the Who app to get info about teammates, and using bots in Teams.