To help clarify how apps work in Teams, this video explores the Planner app. Planner is a separate tool in Office 365 that lets you create lists of tasks, assign those tasks to team members, then monitor the progress of those apps. See how to access Planner tasks and buckets within the Teams interface, so you can create and monitor tasks without leaving the Teams window.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I want to talk about the Planner app in Teams.…Before we can see that app though,…we need to take a look at Planner itself…which is a separate service in Office 365.…This is the Planner interface.…I signed into this through the Office 365 website.…I'll give you a quick introduction here,…but if this looks useful to you,…I suggest you check out…Microsoft Planner Essential Training.…Planner is used for making a list of tasks,…assigning those tasks to specific people on your team,…and monitoring the progress of those tasks.…
Here in Planner, you can make a new plan up at the top.…But before you do that,…you should click on this option labeled more plans.…Every Office 365 group, SharePoint group,…and even teams from Microsoft Teams…will already show up here.…You can take these groups that already exist…and create a plan from those…which I think is a good idea.…Simply clicking on one of these groups here…will create a plan for that group.…In fact, I've already created a plan…for my web development team…
- Saving time with bots
- Extending the functionality of Teams with apps
- Forwarding emails to Teams
- Modifying your notifications and alerts
- Using Teams as the hub for all of your Office 365 apps
- Hiding channels and teams you don't use
- Helpful keyboard shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/22/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: keyboard shortcuts in Teams, commands for the command box, using the Who app to get info about teammates, and using bots in Teams.