The command box is a tool to quickly trigger several actions in Teams, saving you time. This video shows how to access the full list of available commands. Then, you see how to combine keyboard shortcuts with some popular commands to work very quickly in Teams.
- [Instructor] Up at the top of the teams interface,…you will find the command box.…On one hand, you can use this as a search tool…to search for words in past messages,…but it's also used as a quick way…to trigger commands in teams.…For example, I can go into the command box…and type slash, saved, hit return,…and it shows me all of the messages that I have bookmarked,…so that was really convenient.…I got to that really quickly by clicking on the box…and typing in a command, but like keyboard shortcuts,…I think its a great idea to browse the list of commands…and start finding some that you like.…
So what I'll do is click on the command box…and simply type in slash,…and that will show a list of commands…that you can trigger that begin with a slash.…Now that you've seen that,…I can show you how I like to use the command box…to do some things really quickly.…I'll start by clicking outside…of the command box just to reset.…So my cursor is not in that box.…So I could be anywhere…in the teams interface doing anything.…
Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
- Saving time with bots
- Extending the functionality of Teams with apps
- Forwarding emails to Teams
- Modifying your notifications and alerts
- Using Teams as the hub for all of your Office 365 apps
- Hiding channels and teams you don't use
- Helpful keyboard shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/22/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: keyboard shortcuts in Teams, commands for the command box, using the Who app to get info about teammates, and using bots in Teams.