This video shows how to send email messages directly to a conversation channel. You can send the unique email address for your channel to another person, allowing them to send messages to the team, even if they are not a member.
- [Instructor] Did you know that it's possible…to send email messages directly…to a conversation channel in Teams?…This is great if you have somebody…outside of your organization…who needs to email some information…to be seen by your entire team.…Just go to the team that you want…and select the specific channel that you're working with.…Next to the name of the channel,…click on this button to open up the menu,…and you'll see this option to Get Email Address.…This is a feature that can be disabled…by your company's Office 365 administrator.…
If it has been disabled,…then you will not see this option.…So all you need to do is click on this…to get the email address,…and you need to send that email address…to anybody you want to be able…to send messages to this team.…It's a little long, so you may need to hit the Copy button…and then paste it into an email message,…or something like that.…Any message sent to this email address…will show up as a message in this channel.…As a matter of fact, one of my coworkers…is going to send a message to that email address now,…
Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
- Saving time with bots
- Extending the functionality of Teams with apps
- Forwarding emails to Teams
- Modifying your notifications and alerts
- Using Teams as the hub for all of your Office 365 apps
- Hiding channels and teams you don't use
- Helpful keyboard shortcuts
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/22/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: keyboard shortcuts in Teams, commands for the command box, using the Who app to get info about teammates, and using bots in Teams.