Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video The kickoff meeting, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- After your Enterprise Data Team is formed…and your charter has been created,…it's time to get your initiative underway.…As with most any programmer initiative,…especially large ones…that span a large portion of the enterprise,…you'll typically begin with a kickoff meeting.…The kickoff meeting is a golden opportunity for you…and your efforts and everyone on your team.…To the greatest extent possible,…everyone can get on the same page…with regards to what your charter with accomplishing…and how you'll do that.…They can hear from senior leadership…about how important the opportunity is…and should anyone be inclined…to be less than cooperative,…that problem can be addressed as well.…
The kickoff meeting is the public unveiling of your effort…to the entire enterprise.…Top executives from both the business and IT sides…will come together,…whether they are sponsoring the initiative,…or if they will be among those whose cooperation…is essential for the effort's success.…During the kickoff meeting, everything is on the table.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.