Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video The data landscape, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- Almost everyone in today's business world…is aware of the importance of data to any organization.…Whether we're talking about processing…thousands or even millions of transactions each day,…or the hundreds or even thousands of reports…used across the enterprise,…or if we're focusing on today's advanced…predictive and discovery analytics,…our enterprise data is an absolutely essential asset.…The challenge we've been facing for years…is that our enterprise data has always been messy.…
Whether we are looking back many years…for companies that have been around for a while,…or perhaps only a couple of years for newer organizations,…most organizations set out with a goal…of some sort of a common shared database…for their enterprise assets.…For example, if you had a relatively simple system…with six different applications,…the idea might have been to have one database…that each of those applications uses.…They would enter their data into the database…and then pool the data out of the database…whenever it's needed, and this way,…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.