Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Your complete data team, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- View Offline
- To accomplish the work you've done so far,…you already have part of your team in place.…Your Program Manager and Leader…has driven the effort so far…with significant assistance from…the Lead Data Architect.…You've also had Business, Technical,…and Data Governance Specialists…doing a great deal of the digging…and additional work as you build out…your project portfolio and high-level plans.…At this point, though,…you need to add more resources to your team…because the hard work is about to get underway.…You'll need Project Managers,…Project Architects, Data Specialists,…Requirements Analysts, Software Developers,…and Testers.…
Let's look at each of these roles.…Your Enterprise Data program will be…comprised of a portfolio of individual projects,…and while the Program Manager and Leader…will be overseeing the program as a whole,…each of these projects will need…its own specific Project Manager.…For smaller projects, you may have…a single person multitasking between two…or more projects while for larger projects,…you'll want to have somebody dedicated full-time.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.