Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Why Tableau?, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- If you've made it to this course…you probably already know a bit about Tableau,…but in case this is your first time with Tableau,…they continue to grow as a business intelligence…platform that allows you, in their words,…to see and understand your data.…Dashboards are the core of Tableau…and learning to develop and build effective dashboards…is necessary to using the tool and bringing…your data to life.…As of this recording, Tableau has been recognized…as the leader in business intelligence software…for the third year in a row.…The Gartner Magic Quadrant ranks players…in the business intelligence space and Tableau…has again been listed in their leader category.…
So why have people started to use Tableau?…Well, there's a couple of different reasons.…First, its fairly intuitive platform.…Once you kind of learn the layout you can, really,…anybody can get started with building…and creating dashboards or visual analytics.…It does take some learning, but once you…kind of get the layout, which we're hopefully going…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.