Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Integrating Tableau and R for Data Science.
- [Instructor] For this course, it would be helpful to have some background knowledge of either R or Tableau. However, I will walk you through an intro to each of them, and I'm going to cover Tableau a little bit more in depth, because that's the one we'll be using mostly for all the dataviz work that we're going to be doing. So along with that, any background in statistics or data visualization would also be helpful, as we'll be running models in R and then visualizing them in Tableau.
- Where Tableau shines
- When R is the best option
- Installing Tableau, R, and Rserve
- Running Rserve and connecting Tableau
- Basic scripting in R
- Importing data to Tableau
- Linear regression
- Setting up R on Tableau Server
- Publishing your work
- Editing calculations