Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Tableau Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Thanks again for your interest in Tableau. Before I get going, I want to give you a quick overview of what you should know to get the most out of this course. The first thing you should know is how to use a computer at at least the basic level. So things such as saving files, copying a files, opening and closing files, that sort of thing. I cover saving a little bit because there are some nuances in Tableau that are a little bit different from other programs. But otherwise I assume that you know how to do all those things. Next, you should have experience with a spreadsheet program. You don't need to be an expert Excel user. But you will be bringing in data from Excel. So having some familiarity with that program will certainly help. And finally, you should have a willingness to explore. Tableau is a powerful program, and new features are being added all the time. So take the basics that you learn in this course and use it to expand your own knowledge and experience as you work.
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.