- You only need to have prior exposure to a couple of topics and then you'll get the most out of building the modern enterprise data road map. You should understand the basics of data warehousing and business intelligence, though, if you're not very familiar with either of these disciplines, we'll briefly cover the fundamentals and the context of the role that they play in enterprise data architecture. You don't need to have a deep understanding of big data or Hadoop, and we do cover those topics at various points throughout the course. But you should have a cursory familiarity with the immersions of big data technology and the intense interest most organizations have with bringing big data into their overall data landscape.
Finally, you should have a basic understanding of the complexity of enterprise-scale applications and systems as compared to smaller scale ones, which is why enterprise data management is such a challenge.
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.