Discover how to combine Tableau and R to provide your business with unparalleled abilities to see and understand your data. Learn how to integrate these two platforms, as well as how to determine when each one is a better choice.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Ben Sullins, and I've been a data geek since the late '90s, focused on helping organizations get the most out of their data. In this course, we're going to take a look at combining the power of Tableau and the R programming language. We'll look at how to set up the integration between the two platforms. We'll understand the strengths of each platform and which one to use for each type of project. And we'll finish by going through some practical examples of geocoding, running linear regression models, and performing clustering analysis.
We'll be covering all of these topics to get you ready to combine these two powerful platforms for your data science project and deliver the most value to your customers. Let's dive in.
- Where Tableau shines
- When R is the best option
- Installing Tableau, R, and Rserve
- Running Rserve and connecting Tableau
- Basic scripting in R
- Importing data to Tableau
- Linear regression
- Setting up R on Tableau Server
- Publishing your work
- Editing calculations