Sign up for Tableau's viz of the day to see how others are using Tableau to visualize their data.
- [Narrator] So part of our original requirements around…creating effective dashboards is that we continue to iterate…and develop the dashboard.…If it becomes stale or out of date,…it won't be used or it loses its luster.…So the Tableau community has a lot of publicly shared…dashboards that you can use for further inspiration…or for tackling new projects and saying,…"Well, now how on Earth am I going to solve that?"…The viz of the day is interesting…to be able to find new ways…that people are solving all kinds of problems.…So we're going to jump over to the public Tableau gallery.…
This is that same website public.tableau.com/s/gallery…and when you first load in you get the greatest hits,…but what we'll do is we'll jump over to the viz of the day…and so the viz of the day are…people submit different projects…that they've been working on…and Apple goes through and picks one out…that is their visualization of the day.…It's always really interesting to see…what people are working on and to be able to get new ideas…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.