Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Viz of the week, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- So, part of our original design process…around creating effective dashboards…is that we continued to iterate and develop our dashboard.…If it becomes stale or out-of-date, it won't be used,…and the Tableau community has a lot…of publicly shared dashboards…that you can use for inspiration.…I'm going to move away from our dashboard…over to the Tableau Public Gallery,…and we've referenced this a little bit earlier,…but again the website is public.tableau.com/s/gallery.…Search for "Tableau Public Gallery."…And, again, we can look through…a variety of these visualizations,…but one of the nice resources that's available…is the Viz of the Day,…so they're identifying kind of interesting visualizations…that have been posted out on Tableau Public,…and you can take a look at the Viz of the Day here,…"Casinos in Atlantic City".…
But the other piece around this is,…you can also subscribe to get these updates.…So, instead of coming out to the website every time…just to look at these,…you can actually get an email sent to you to be notified…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.