Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Visual design, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- [Voiceover] Keeping our visual design practices in mind…we want to clean up the Dashboard a bit more to get…the layout and design in good shape.…So let's walk through a couple of steps that we can take…to clean this Dashboard up.…One of the first one's would just be an introduction.…So as we post this file out,…people may not know exactly what they're looking at.…So we need to provide a little bit of context…to what's the data.…So I'm going to go ahead move this down…because we need to create some space.…Again, I'm just double-clicking to highlight the whole bin…and then dragging it down.…I'm going to then grab a Text box…and put it underneath.…
So now I've added…subheading or subtext introduction…and now I'll space that a little bit.…We want to make sure our title fully shows…and all of our text shows up there.…So that looks good.…And then I also think I want to break our sections…a little bit better.…So though we showed the formatting…of the dashboard in the last section,…actually I'm going to take these titles out.…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.