Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Integrating Tableau and R for Data Science.
- [Instructor] The exercise files for this course have a pretty basic layout. We have two Tableau workbooks which have the data included in them already loaded up, and they are associated with the chapters four and five. So, for four we have 4 - Basic Calculations, and for five we have 5 - Integrated Tableau and R. We also have a data folder here where it has the actual sources of the data. So, if you want to take this and use it and build your own calculations and your own analytics, be my guest. We have the Cocktail Bars in NYC which is a CSV file, and then we have the Sample - Superstore dataset, which is a demo data set which has order information from a retail chain.
So, that is the exercise files and how to use them.
- Where Tableau shines
- When R is the best option
- Installing Tableau, R, and Rserve
- Running Rserve and connecting Tableau
- Basic scripting in R
- Importing data to Tableau
- Linear regression
- Setting up R on Tableau Server
- Publishing your work
- Editing calculations