Learn the steps to publish dashboards to Tableau Server.
- [Instructor] All right, so we're ready…for the last step in our process.…We're going to go ahead and publish our dashboard…out to Tableau Public,…So, to do this, I'm going to jump up to the Server section,…and then I'm going to go ahead and go down to Tableau Public,…and then I want to Save to Tableau Public.…I've got go ahead and sign in.…And there we go, now I already had the name popped in,…so if you were publishing for the first time,…you'd need to give it a name.…
And you'll see that as I publish it,…it's actually publishing in the tablet view,…so it's just because of my screen resolution.…I've got my screen resolution set to 1080 by 720,…so it's applying the mobile or tablet view in this.…If I change my screen resolution out to a higher resolution,…it would match up.…And you can see that in the device management…where we've got the different sizes here.…So, the desktop monitor's starting to pick it up at 1080.…So, that's why we're not seeing the desktop version,…but you can see our mobile view has already come into play.…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.