Looking for study partners?Join the Data Analytics study group
Tableau is a widely used data analytics and visualization tool that many consider indispensable for data-science-related work. Its drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to sort, compare, and analyze data from multiple sources, including Excel, SQL Server, and cloud-based data repositories. In this course, learn what you need to know to analyze and display data using Tableau Desktop 2019—and make better, more data-driven decisions for your company. Discover how to install Tableau, connect to data sources, and sort and filter your data. Instructor Curt Frye also demonstrates how to create and manipulate data visualizations—including highlight tables, charts, scatter plots, histograms, maps, and dashboards—and shows how to share your visualizations.
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Tableau is a powerful and versatile tool for visualizing data within your business or organization. Mastering the skills you need to use Tableau effectively will let you work quickly and make great decisions. In this course, I'll use real world examples to demonstrate how you can apply the incredible power of Tableau to your data. I'm Curt Frye, join me at LinkedIn Learning for an introduction to the essential skills that will let you unlock the power and flexibility that comes with Tableau 2019.
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.