Smart histograms are visualizations that summarize how many data points occur in bins Tableau creates. In this video, learn how to summarize data using a smart histogram.
- [Instructor] Histogram summarize data using … a vertical bar chart, where each bar or column, … represents the counter data points … that occur within a given value range. … For example, you could create a histogram … that displays the orders from zero to $20 in value, … 21 to 40, and so on. … Tableau will create the bin for you, … but you can also edit the bin size, … using suggested values based on the program's … analysis of your data, or values of your own choosing. … I'll demonstrate how to create these bins in this movie. … My sample file is 09_07_SmartHistograms, … and you can find that in the chapter nine folder, … of your exercise files collection. … We need to add some data to our … visualization for the histogram. … So I'll go over to the data panel. … And in the Measures section, … I will drag Order Total to the data area. … We just have a single summary, … but I can change that to a histogram … by going to the Show Me button on the toolbar … and clicking the histogram icon. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.