Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Story, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- So with our design hierarchy,…we're really trying to think about telling stories…with data, and one of the other tools…that people often use in Tableau…is the Story feature.…We're not going to necessarily pursue it…in this project, but I wanted to make sure…that you saw it as another way…to think about designing a hierarchy…or a flow for your Dashboard.…So within our Dashboard,…we picked on the new Dashboard,…but just to the right there,…there's a New Story feature.…It really allows you to create captions…and guide people, again,…through a series of steps or a series of charts,…so that you are telling a story with your Dashboard.…
So let's take a look at a few examples…of how people have used this,…or how you could think about using this…within your Dashboard.…So the first place, just as a general reference…which is good to go to,…is the public.tableau.com/s/gallery…it's their public gallery of dashboards…that have been used, always a good resource…to kind of come in and see how people…have been using things or doing things…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.