You might not need to display every worksheet element in your Tableau workbooks. In this video, learn how to show or hide worksheet elements.
- [Instructor] When you're done creating your visualization, … it's likely that you will want to remove some elements … from the Tableau interface … so that you have an unobstructed view of your in data. … In this movie, I will show you how to hide … and redisplay elements of the interface. … I will work with the sample workbook 03_05_Elements, … which you can find in the chapter three folder … of the exercise files collection. … In this workbook, I have a single worksheet, … and on it you see I have the visualization, … and I have the legend over here on the right, … and also I have the Data and Analytics panes … and the Pages, Filters, and Marks cards. … I also have these shelves: the Column shelf … and the Row shelf, the visualization itself, and the title. … You can show or hide any of these elements. … For example, if you want to get rid of the legend, … you can hover your mouse pointer over it, … click the down arrow, and click Hide Card. … That gives you more room, although you don't know …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.