Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Sell your data portfolio, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- View Offline
- No matter how well of a job you've done constructing…your enterprise data portfolio,…without adequate support in your company,…you'll likely get nowhere.…You need to make sure that you get adequate funding,…the best resources available,…and ongoing commitment and evolvement from top executives.…How then do you go about getting the support?…The first thing you need to do,…is come up with some hard hitting win themes…that you can refer to time and again.…These will highlight what will happen after you…successfully build out and deploy…your new generation of enterprise data technology.…
Point out specific business benefits…rather than speaking in generalities.…For example,…if you're aligning your enterprise data initiative at least…in part with a supply chain strategic sourcing effort,…be sure to mention…that in today's environment, supply chain data…is fragmented across more than a dozen different systems…that contain vastly inconsistent data…and no common product master.…But your initiative will deliver a uniform set of…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.