Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Sell the team, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- In some organizations, the first significant…enterprise data challenge comes in trying to sell the idea…of even having a team dedicated to the effort.…Some executives from either the business or IT side…of an organization are likely to question…why such a team needs to be put into place.…You might hear objections along these lines:…The team doesn't understand a particular application…or in some cases, there may be arguments…that the team doesn't even understand…the overall business functions.…
People from both the IT and the business side…are likely to view an enterprise data team…as little more than individuals who might slow down…the work that they're doing…or get in the way of those efforts.…How then do you go about selling the idea…of an enterprise data team?…One of the best ways is to have counter arguments ready…for each of those commonly held misconceptions.…If you hear, "They don't understand our application,"…one of the first things to do is to point out…that on the enterprise data team,…you have business area specialists and liaisons,…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.