Sharing Tableau visualizations can be done using Tableau files or as PDFs. In this video, learn how to save your workbook as a PDF file.
- [Instructor] Tableau let's you create … terrific visualizations. … And once you create them of course, … you'll want to share them. … There are a number of ways you can do … that, and in this movie I will show you one, … and that is how to print a visualization to a pdf file. … Pdf is the portable document format … and it's handy if you want to send your documents … but not have any interaction. … I'll demonstrate how to print to a pdf … using 03_07_SaveAsPDF, … which is a workbook you can find in the chapter three folder … of the exercise files collection. … I've created the visualization here, … and let's say that I want to save it as a pdf file. … To do that I'll go to the file menu, … and about halfway down click print to pdf, … it's built in. … The print to pdf dialogue box appears, … and I have a number of options. … First I can print the entire workbook, … or the active sheet, or selected sheets if I want. … In this case there's only one sheet … so I'll just leave it on active sheet, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.