Tableau is an intuitive program, but there's no reason to repeat work you've already done. In this video, learn how to save your changes.
- [Instructor] When you make changes … to a Tableau work book, you can save them … in a couple of different ways. … Also, Tableau has a built-in function … that lets you revert to your last saved … state of the workbook. … It's very handy and it can save you a lot of trouble … closing and reopening a file without saving. … In this movie, I will show you how to use … all of these techniques. … My sample file is 0306 Save Changes … and you can find it in the Chapter Three folder … of the Exercise Files collection. … This workbook contains a single worksheet. … And let's say that I want to change … the visualization type. … To do that, I can go to the Show Me button … on the toolbar. … And let's say that I'll change it to a treemap. … So I'll click the Treemap button, … click Show Me again, and here is my treemap. … Now, at this point, if I want to save my change, … I have a number of options. … I'm not actually going to save, … but I'll show you what they are. … The first method is to go to the toolbar …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.