You can add and remove visualizations from Tableau worksheets, which might require you to change the size of existing visualizations. In this video, learn how to resize a visualization.
- [Instructor] Tableau is a terrific … data visualization tool. … And, like most programs of its type, … it looks best when you allow it … to take up your full screen and have … the visualizations be as large as possible. … But we work in a modern work place, … which means that we're often doing more … than one thing at a time, … and we can't devote all of our screen … real estate to a single program. … If that's the case, you can change the size … of your viz. … I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie. … My sample file is 10_03_Resizing, … and you can find it in the Chapter 10 folder … of the Exercise Files collection. … This visualization breaks down product sales … by Product Name, and further, by category, … Bottle or Case, and the year 2017 or 2018. … If I want to increase the size of the visualization, … I can hover the mouse pointer over the right edge … and drag to the right. … And you see that it's larger, … but I also changed the orientation … of the text labels. … So I'll press control + z to undo the change. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.