Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Reporting, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- How well your organization makes use of reporting tools…can make or break an enterprise data initiative…because many business users view…enterprise data through a reporting lens.…This is their one and only mechanism…by which they interact with and make use of your data,…as they use reports and analytics…to make critical business decisions.…When their reports and analytics serve them well,…they tend to have a positive perspective…on your enterprise data.…On the other hand, if their reports and analytics…are problematic or perhaps even all but useless, to them,…your enterprise data environment is equally all but useless.…
Even if all of the data still keeps the business running…via your operational systems.…When we talk about reporting,…we need to take a comprehensive view of…different classes of data usage,…such as production reports, ad hoc queries,…dashboards and other business intelligence capabilities,…predictive analytics, and what-if analysis.…Regardless of what types of reports…and analytics you're looking at,…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.