After you add worksheets to a Tableau workbook, you need to manage them. In this video, learn how to reorder, clear, and delete worksheets.
- [Instructor] After you've worked with Tableau for a while, … it is likely that your workbooks … will contain multiple worksheets. … In this movie, I will demonstrate some useful skills … for managing workbooks that contain multiple worksheets. … Those are reordering, clearing, and deleting your sheets. … My sample file is the 03_03_Delete workbook, … and you can find that in the Chapter 3 folder … of the Exercise Files collection. … This workbook has three worksheets, … and you can see the tabs for them … here at the bottom-left corner of the program window. … We have Sheet 1, which is what we're currently on, … then another worksheet called Bar Chart, … and a second one called Bar Chart 2. … Let's say that I want to change the order of the sheets. … For example, if I'm giving a presentation … and I want to go left to right … rather than try to remember a specific order, … I can change the position of the worksheets. … So for example, if I wanted to move Bar Chart 2 … to the left of Sheet 1, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.