After you've put your Enterprise Data…architecture team together,…it's very important that every individual on that team…has a clear understanding of what the entire team…as well each individual role must accomplish.…Essentially we have four primary charters…of any Enterprise Data architecture team.…The first is, to bring order out of chaos,…the second is to take a systems level view…of all the different interacting components,…the third is to produce a world-class data architecture…and then finally,…when that world-class data architecture is produced,…it needs to be the groundwork for continuing evolution…rather than having to go back to the drawing board.…
When we talk about bringing order out of chaos,…most organizations as we've discussed…typically have a rather messy,…current landscape for all of their data.…The chief objective then,…of the Enterprise Data architecture is to unwind…and undo that mess.…It's important though, not to confuse order with utopia.…The idea of a common,…shared database for all operational and all…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.