Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick filters, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- Quick Filters give you and your viewers an easy way…to explore and analyze the data…by getting to the level of detail that you need.…So, we've built a space for our filters into our Dashboard…under this Hold for control section,…and really, we just want to add a few filters…that we think people are going to need…to navigate the Dashboard.…To get started with adding our Quick Filters,…we need to go back to our worksheets…and really any worksheet would do.…But, we want to drag our dimensions over…from the Dimension section into our Filter section…which will then allow us to drag it into our Dashboard.…So the dimensions we're going to use for our filters…will be the Country, the Region, and the Year,…just to get started with,…and so to create these Quick Filters,…the first thing I'm going to do, is I'm going…to grab my Country, grab it over to the Filters,…click OK, and then I want to right-click on it,…and then go down to Apply to Worksheets,…then I want to pick All Using This Data Source.…
And then I'm going to do the same thing for Region.…
- Building worksheets to feed dashboards
- Formatting data
- Creating visuals
- Creating calculated fields and sets
- Designing the dashboard
- Adding interactive parameters
- Keeping your Tableau dashboard up to date
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
Up and Running with Excel What-If Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 10m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity with Parameters
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.