Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Quandl, part of Up and Running with Public Data Sets.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Search engines provide ways to find…data based on certain search terms.…You might search for stock prices, oil production figures,…or other benchmarks you use in your business.…One search engine, Quandl,…provides both a search interface…and a set of curated data collections…to streamline the discovery process.…The URL for this resource is www.quandl.com.…And Quandl is spelled Q-U-A-N-D-L.…There are a number of data types…and services available to you.…
And if you click the Platform button…you can see those listed.…So you have the collections browser,…database bundles, data vendor.…You can also sell your data, if you have…what you think would be a useful collection.…Quandl offers both free and premium data sets…and you can sign up using…the link provided here, with the Sign Up button.…Before we search, let's take a quick browse…through the available data collections.…So here we have Stocks & Fundamentals.…Several of them are premium, meaning you have to pay…but others are available for free.…
So for example, the Securities and Exchange Commission…
- Working with US census data
- Using data from the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Accessing data from other US agencies
- Finding international sources of data
- Gathering data from web-based search engines and data portals
- Visualizing and analyzing public data sets in Excel
Skill Level Intermediate
1. U.S. Census Bureau and Securities and Exchange Commission
2. Other U.S. Government Agencies
3. Non-U.S. Data Sources
4. Data Search Engines and Portals
5. Visualizing Data
Manipulating a PivotTable2m 39s
Further resources1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.