Tableau visualizations offer snapshots of your data, but not a narrative. In this video, learn how to present data using stories.
- [Instructor] Data analysis and visualization … are just part of the business analysis picture. … You need to communicate your findings effectively. … To that end, Tableau includes Stories which let you create … a sequence of story points consisting … of worksheets in your workbook … to build a persuasive narrative about your insights. … I'll demonstrate how to create and navigate within Stories … in this movie. … My sample file is 0208Storyline … and you can find it in the chapter two folder … of the exercise files collection. … This workbook has three worksheets. … I'm currently looking at the SalesMap … and then there is ShareOfSales and NumberOfOrders. … If I want to create a story, … I can go up to the Story menu and click New Story. … Doing so creates a story point. … I can Add a caption, so I'll say Order Counts 2017-8. … So 2017, 2018. … And then I can add a sheet to the story point … by dragging it to the Drag a sheet here area. … So, I will drag NumberOfOrders to the Drag a sheet here area …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.