Tableau includes many tools and functions you can use to summarize data. In this video, learn how to describe Tableau operators and built-in functions.
- [Instructor] One of the best aspects of Tableau … is the selection of built-in functions and operators … that let you create calculations quickly. … In this movie, I will describe … some of the more frequently operators and built-in functions … that will save you time … and help you gather important information … about your business. … We'll start with the mathematical operators, … and I would imagine that many of them … will be familiar to you. … First is the plus sign, which is used for addition, … and you can use that with dates, … and you can also use it to combine or concatenate … multiple strings together. … The minus sign is used for subtraction, … also again including dates. … So if you want to find the number of days between two dates, … you can just subtract one from the other. … You also use it for negation. … So for example, … if you want to find the opposite of three times seven, … then you would just negate that calculation … by putting the minus sign in front of it. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.