Join Nate Makdad for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Creating Interactive Dashboards in Tableau 10.
- [Nate] You have reached the end of the course.…Thanks for joining…and I hope that you found something useful…that you can take away and apply…to your Dashboard design process.…In this course, we really wanted to focus…on giving you a specific process…and best practices for creating and designing…your Tableau Dashboards.…If you want to continue to learn more,…I would highly recommend visiting the Tableau community…at community.tableau.com…where you can find user forums, groups,…knowledge base articles, and additional training topics.…There are a lot of very passionate people about Tableau…and you can continue to learn from them.…
As a parting thought, there are best practices to follow,…but there are rarely right and wrong decisions.…Practice, practice, practice,…and over time, you will find your own design style.…Good luck.…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.