Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Tableau Essential Training.
- [Curt] Thanks again for your interest in Tableau. … It is a terrific program, … and I always enjoy teaching courses on it. … Before we go, I'd like to pass on recommendations … for some further resources. … First is the Tableau website, which is tableau.com. … There you can find support, … information about products, and so on. … Next, the book Tableau Your Data! By Daniel G. Murray, … which was published by Wiley. … This book is several years old now, … and some of the techniques have been overtaken … by changes in the program, but the overall philosophy … of how to use Tableau and arrange your data … is very worthwhile. … Next, if you can, I want to encourage you to attend … either the Tableau Conference … or the Tableau Conference Europe. … Tableau brings together experts from around the world, … in addition to their own programmers and designers, … and executives, and you learn a lot about the program … in a very short time. … And finally, there are Tableau User Groups … that meet around the world. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.