This course refers to the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- View Offline
- Thanks for watching Manage Your Organization's…Big Data Program.…If you haven't already,…take a look at the leading organizations…and associations that focus on big data and analytics,…and consider joining one or more of them to share…big data program management tips and best practices…with others.…Take a look at the Data Warehousing Institute or TDWI…at tdwi.org,…the International Institute of Business Analytics…or IIBA at iiba.org,…and the Data Management Association or DAMA…at dama.org.…
The Project Management Institute or PMI…is considered one of the leading sources of training…and best practices for program and project management.…You can check them out at pmi.org.…Thanks for watching, and best of luck as you begin…your big data journey.…
Interested in leading the charge? Manage Your Organization's Big Data Program is for business intelligence professionals who are tasked with implementing a big data and analytics program at their companies. Alan Simon explains the role of program managers, their desired skills, and the people they need on their core team. After the preliminary steps—defining program direction, budget, and initial projects—Alan helps map project milestones and define the KPIs to help track their progress. In chapter 6, you survey the risks to the program, from financial and technological standpoints. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills to be successful in a big data leadership role—and drive data-driven insights throughout the enterprise.
- What makes a good big-data program manager
- How to recruit members of a big data team
- Defining the program direction
- Creating an initial list of projects
- Identifying allies and adversaries
- Determining program milestones
- Managing milestone progress
- Assessing program risks