Learn to use mobile device management to design dashboards for computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- [Instructor] Another way we can plan…for building interactivity in our dashboard…is by using the device preview…and the mobile device management features…in our Tableau dashboard,…to think about how we might change our design…depending on how people access,…or which tool people use to access our dashboard.…So in Tableau 10 you have the ability to manage devices…for PCs, tablets, and phones.…And we're just going to do a preview…of how you can start to add these device previews…and make actual different dashboards…depending on how people access them.…
So to get started with this…I'm going to go up to device preview…and you'll see I get this new section across the top here.…And I'm going to go first to desktop,…because I want to add our default view.…So the view we've been working on,…I'm going to add this as our desktop view.…And so now you'll see in this upper-left hand section…I have default and then I get this desktop section.…Now as I scroll down you'll see you get the bar…kind of outlining what people will see…
- Sketching your designs
- Formatting data
- Creating cross-data joins
- Creating visuals
- Grouping data
- Using stories vs. tabs
- Changing chart measures and types with interactive parameters
- Making iterations and improvements on your Tableau dashboard design
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization: Storytellingwith Bill Shander1h 37m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Tableau Dashboards
2. Worksheet Design
3. Dashboard Design
4. Designing Interactivity
5. Keeping Your Dashboard Up to Date
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.