Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing programs, part of Big Data Foundations: Building Architecture and Teams.
- Managing any type of enterprise-scale program…is a challenging proposition.…In the case of enterprise data management,…your program may wind up consisting of dozens of projects,…each of which has at least a few touch points…with many others.…To keep everything moving forward…not only on a project-specific basis…but also for the program as a whole,…you need to make sure that you're managing…the overall buildout of your business functionality,…the simultaneous buildout of all of your new technology,…and very likely interim workarounds that should only…stay in place until other program work is accomplished,…and then those interim workarounds…should be remediated and replaced.…
To keep the momentum going on your project,…especially on the business side,…you need to particularly highlight the accomplishments…that are being made against your business project portfolio.…Make sure that you're conducting frequent meetings…with key stakeholders at least quarterly…and maybe even monthly if that's doable.…Make sure each meeting is one of substance,…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analytics: Prescriptive Analyticswith Alan Simon2h 40m Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.