Treemaps are visualizations that display data in nested rectangles. In this video, learn how to create a treemap.
- [Instructor] The tree map, … which is a relatively new type of chart, … displays values as they contribute to a whole. … Like a pie chart, a tree map uses the size of the area … devoted to an input to indicate its contribution. … Unlike most pie charts though, … a tree map also uses shades of color to indicate values. … Darker shades generally mean larger values, … and lighter shades smaller. … In this movie, I will show you how to create a tree map … based on your business data. … My sample file is 09_08_Treemap, … and you can find it in the Chapter 9 folder … of your exercise files collection. … To create a tree map, … you need to add your data to the visualization. … Let's say that we'll break down by product name. … So I'll drag Prod Name to the Rows shelf, … and then I'll drag Number of Records, … which gives me the number of orders, to the data area, … so we see the relative distribution of orders. … To create a tree map out of this table data, … I'll go to the Show Me button on the toolbar, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.