Data sources with fields in common can often be connected. In this video, learn how to related data sources with inconsistent field names.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie, … I showed you how to create joins between tables … that have a common field, where the common field … has the same name in both tables. … In this movie, I'll show you how … to create a join between tables, … where the common field has a different name in each table. … I'm going to base my work … on the join examples Excel workbook, … and in this movie, we'll use the orders and products tables. … I'm on the orders worksheet, and you see here … that I have order information, … and we'll be focusing on the Product ID sealed here. … So, each product that gets sold is provided … with a Product ID for internal record keeping, … and you see those here in the Product ID column. … If I switch to the products worksheet, … then you see that instead of Product ID, … I have what appears to be the same information … in the SKU column, … SKU is short for stock keeping unit. … So I have that identifier there, … and it contains the same data as Product ID in orders, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.