Tableau file types enable different uses. In this video, learn how to describe Tableau file types.
- [Instructor] Tableau looks like … a reasonably simple program, … but there's actually a lot going on under the hood. … And one of the ways that you can use Tableau … to its full extent is to take advantage … of different file types. … In this movie, I will use Tableau workbooks exclusively. … I will always have the data source, an Excel workbook, … in the same folder as your visualization. … Next is a Tableau data source, … and this is a more extensive version of a workbook. … It stores the server address, password, … and other information required … to access an outside data source. … One example might be a SQL Server database. … Next, there is the Tableau bookmark, … and that stores a connection to a worksheet … in another Tableau workbook. … So if you want to link your workbooks together … without combining them, … then you can store that connection as a bookmark. … Next, we have the Tableau data extract, … and this stores Tableau data … as a filtered and aggregated extract. … What that means is that you have data from a source, …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.