Join Alan Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Initiatives, part of The Modern Enterprise Data Environment.
- We've seen how even though you start looking…at your future stay from a technology perspective,…after you build out your initial list…of technology initiatives, you will need to shift your focus…from technology to the business side…before proceeding with request for funding.…But even doing this is still aligning technology initiatives…with business-facing projects that are already on the books.…And while that might be a great way to link up…specific efforts for databases and tools and governance…with how they can help out the business side,…it's only part of the picture.…
Even beyond specific projects, your organization…will have key business imperatives…either under way or on the drawing board.…This is where you can really demonstrate the value…of enterprise data management…by continuing to align your initial list…of technology initiative with business side initiatives…that are likely to be the highest priority for your company…and at the forefront of the minds of executives…and stakeholders throughout the enterprise.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Surveying the enterprise data landscape
- Building a data architecture team
- Selling the team
- Finding out what's working—and what's not—with scorecards
- Analyzing and reporting feedback results
- Modernizing your data architecture
- Refining and selling your data portfolio
- Evolving your data team
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.