- We've seen how even though you start looking…at your future stay from a technology perspective,…after you build out your initial list…of technology initiatives, you will need to shift your focus…from technology to the business side…before proceeding with request for funding.…But even doing this is still aligning technology initiatives…with business-facing projects that are already on the books.…And while that might be a great way to link up…specific efforts for databases and tools and governance…with how they can help out the business side,…it's only part of the picture.…
Even beyond specific projects, your organization…will have key business imperatives…either under way or on the drawing board.…This is where you can really demonstrate the value…of enterprise data management…by continuing to align your initial list…of technology initiative with business side initiatives…that are likely to be the highest priority for your company…and at the forefront of the minds of executives…and stakeholders throughout the enterprise.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.