Data clusters are visualizations that identify values that are likely to be related. In this video, learn how to identify data clusters.
- [Instructor] When you visualize your data … using a scatter plot, … you will often find … that some of the values form obvious groups. … In machine learning and data analysis terms, … those groups are called clusters. … One of the great features of Tableau … is the ability to identify those clusters within your data. … In this movie, I will show you how to identify clusters … and change how they're calculated. … My sample file is zero, nine, zero, five clusters … and you'll find it in the chapter nine folder … of your exercise files collection. … The data I'm using in this particular workbook … referred to the income level of customers … and the sales total for a year. … Let's take a look at the data … by clicking the data source tab … at the bottom left corner, … and you see that we have an income of 85000 … and that family purchased $225 … and then 133000 purchased 1128. … A family that made 40000 purchased $32 and so on. … What we can do is use a scatter plot with clustering … to see how those groups of customers hang together. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.