Tableau offers many ways to get help. In this video, learn how to get help in Tableau.
- [Instructor] Before I dive into creating data connections, … and creating visualizations in Tableau, … I wanted to show you how to get help … within the program. … I have opened Tableau, … but I'm not in any particular workbook. … The reason is that you can go to the Help menu … and display the Online Help from there. … So I will open up the Help menu, … which is available throughout the program, … and click open Help. … The site that I've gone to is onlinehelp.tableau.com … and that is followed by the version number, … in this case v2019.1, … and then the rest of the URL, as displayed. … If you go to onlinehelp.tableau.com … you'll be able to select your version. … This page probably has a familiar layout … if you've worked with Online Help before. … Over on the left we have a table of contents, … so Desktop and Web Authoring is the top level … followed by What's New, Getting Started, and so on. … And if you scroll down, … you can see a number of larger links for those as well. … I'm going to go over to the left side …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.