Your future state of Enterprise Data needs to have an eye…towards the future of your business and…not just how things are done today.…Building an Enterprise Data architecture means…more than addressing and fixing today's problems.…Doing so is critically important as we've been discussing,…but embarking on an Enterprise Data initiative means that,…the time is now to build with an eye towards the future…that doesn't yet exist within your organization.…What does that mean for you and your efforts?…What should be considered as input to the architecture…that you're building and the decisions that you make?…In the broader sense,…everything should be on the table.…
The databases that you use throughout…the enterprise may need to be upgraded,…not necessarily because of any particular problems,…but because it's finally time to modernize…and this initiative is the perfect opportunity to do so.…You need to take a look at all of your relational databases…on both the transactional and analytical sides…of your architecture.…
Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modern Enterprise Data Architecture
2. Your Data Architecture Team
3. Your Enterprise Data Landscape
4. Your Data Architecture
5. The Future of Your Data
6. The Future of Your Data Team
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.