Tableau assigns default formatting to chart elements. In this video, learn how to format chart elements.
- [Instructor] When you create a chart … of other visualization in Tableau, … the program applies its built-in formatting … to your creation. … As with most every other aspect of a Tableau viz, … you can format your chart's elements … to emphasize particular aspects of your data … or just provide the appearance that you want. … I'll demonstrate how to change the formatting of a viz … in this movie. … My sample file is 11 02 formatting … and you can find it in the chapter 11 folder … of your exercise files collection. … I have a line chart that shows the number of orders … within each month, … so you see if runs from January 2017 … all the way to December 2018. … The element I'll focus on is the line, … which I can start formatting by selecting. … So I'll go ahead and click the line. … With it selected, I can go over to the marks card, … and for example, change the line's color. … So I will click the color button … and I will select a contrasting color, … so let's say that I will go for a darker orange. …
- Managing data sources and visualizations
- Managing Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Displaying source metadata
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Analyzing data using statistical tools
- Sorting and filtering Tableau data
- Defining groups and sets
- Creating and pivoting crosstabs
- Formatting Tableau visualizations
- Creating basic charts
- Annotating and formatting charts
- Mapping geographic data
- Creating dashboards
- Methods for defining an URL-based action
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Tableau
2. Manage Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Manage Tableau Worksheets and Workbooks
4. Create Custom Calculations and Fields
5. Analyze Data
6. Sort and Filter Tableau Data
7. Define Groups and Sets
8. Develop and Pivot Crosstabs
9. Create Basic Visualizations
10. Format Tableau Visualizations
11. Annotate and Format Visualizations
12. Map Geographic Data
13. Build Dashboards and Actions
14. Tableau 2019.2 Updates
Define parameter actions4m 43s
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.